Monday, 22 November 2010

Seeing the sky

I am totally obsessed at the minute with whether or not I can see the sky.  Every day I open the curtains and peer through the gloom looking for a bit of blue between the clouds.

On Sunday I went for a long run round the lake and at one point I promise I saw a little bit of sparkle on the water.  I looked up and a little gleam of sun had peeked through the sky for a second, then the clouds shifted and the sky went grey again.  I could see, in the distance, there was a patch of blue and I thought to myself that later I would get in my car and head there.

However by the time I was ready to head out the daylight hours were over and the sun was starting to set. The days are too short and getting shorter and the sky is too grey.

I really need someone to remind me why I live here.

No comments:

Post a Comment