My office was bright this morning. The sun was low in they sky and came in just above my VDU screen meaning that I had to pull down the blinds to see the screen - which is just wrong. A tiny bit of blue sky and natural light and yet I have to screen it out so that I can work.
The room is getting re-arranged asap. This will not do. I need as much daylight as possible to stay upbeat through the winter gloom.
The day passed quickly and before long the sun was going back down again. I decided at the last minute to try and start Christmas shopping. The mall was really quiet and I wandered aimlessly for a while before it got to that spooky time where shop assistants are starting to tidy up and you feel like you are the last one in the building.
Creepy.
Pitch black and raining within minutes of getting in the car.
All the cars on the motorway were a haze of red lights shattering into stars in the spray kicked up from their tyres. Lines and lines of folks heading home in the pitch black. I bet most of them drove to work in the dark too.
There has been much talk this year of not turning the clocks back for winter. I can't decide if it would be better or worse. At the moment it is light when I get up and dark in the evening. Could I really bear it to be dark when I get up or would that make the whole day feel like it is bookended by the darkness?
No comments:
Post a Comment