Tuesday, 23 November 2010

CyberMonday

So yesterday was CyberMonday - proudly announced on the radio as the day that the whole of the country logs on to internet shop their Christmas lists.

I am a cyber geek anyway  - I have been using the internet since it was a tool for scientists at CERN and the rest of the world knew nothing about it - and I have been using the internet as my only real shopping mall for at least the last 15 years - despite the offerings being a bit rubbish in the beginning and my personal style being subsequently  profoundly tragic.

So of course I sat down and instead of having a relaxing evening watching semi-celebrities being tortured, I started Christmas shopping - talk about a self fulfilling prophecy.

If I had only bought shares in DHL 15 years ago.....

(as an aside - my kids love  'I'm a celebrity...' it's the current obsession of the P7's but quite frankly I find it pretty sad.  It's fine as background noise for a good book but do actual grown ups really watch this stuff?)

No comments:

Post a Comment